by K Fletcher

"WE TALKED TO YOUR PARENTS" -My Zone Leader, Elder Inu

Well, I got to talk to my parents too! And Jade and Annie for brief moments. It was very enjoyable and I wanted to send a thank you to the Hamiltons, our Stake President and family, for allowing us to use their home for calls. They are lovely.

So, this week has been incredibly difficult. To quote Hermana Johnson, "I don't know if I've ever faced as much rejection in this week as in my entire mission". No one wanted to meet with us. It was rough. And then it was hot and sticky and humid and raining. We had 12 appointments and 7 fell through this week.
But then Sunday happened.
But then Sunday happened.

And it was beautiful.
First, we had a family come to church, the Pinedas. They've been taught for a very very long time. They have had half a dozen sets of missionaries and they have never gotten baptized. Well, they came to church again. President Chamberlain, our Stake President, spoke to them. He is a good friend of theirs and will be moving across the country soon, and after a good interview with him, they decided they are ready.

"And now, O all ye that have imagined up unto yourselves a god who can do no miracles, I would ask of you, have all these things passed, of which I have spoken? Has the end come yet? Behold I say unto you, Nay; and God has not ceased to be a God of miracles." -Mormon 9:15

God is a God of miracles.

The second thing to happen was Eduardo. He's basically my favorite. He is a recent convert of nearly 3 months and despite our prodding and that of other friends and family he had not yet blessed or passed the sacrament. Well, on Sunday morning, he showed up in a SUIT and participated in preparing the sacrament as a Priest.
I just couldn't stop smiling.
Eduardo looking oh so dashing in his suit 
(who couldn't stop laughing to take a picture)
And then as a completely non-spiritual note, it was Mother's Day, and we got roses from the ward. It doesn't matter that I'm not a mom yet, getting a flower on Mother's Day is my favorite thing.
Hermana Johnson and I have a quote, our tagline, in this week of heartbreaks and joy:
     "Our Heavenly Father did not put us on earth to fail but to succeed gloriously." -Richard G Scott

No matter what happens, no matter the roadblocks or the anger or the prejudice and hate, no matter the doubts and thoughts of inadequacy or wondering if you are good enough, we are here to SUCCEED. God can do his work. And when we have dedicated our lives to his service, he will provide a way to get that work done.

I love you all so much and hope that you can feel the love of God in your life and recognize that you are special. You are chosen. There is no such thing as an ordinary being. you have a purpose, and it is glorious.

Con Amor,
Hermana Fletcher

PS- Transfer Calls came! I am staying in Newport News but Hermana Johnson is leaving for Virginia Beach! My new companion is Hermana Nyre.

Swinging break!
The lovely sisters we teach Spanish to: Sisters Florentino, Foots, and Fay
Weekly Planning with a whole pie
Our district leader when we surprise catch them in traffic
The cutest little boy in our ward, Diago
 and the three craziest, most wonderful girls in our branch: Emily, Natasha, and Xel Ha

No comments on ""WE TALKED TO YOUR PARENTS" -My Zone Leader, Elder Inu"

Leave a Reply