by K Fletcher

Here To Stay

Transfer calls. To quote President baker, "Hermana Fletcher, I've thought long and hard about this, and I want you to stay in Goldsboro one more transfer. I'm sure there'll be a statue of you by the time you go." 
Yep, Goldsboro, North Carolina. 9 Months. Hoo-rah!

I'm going to do kind of a boring day-by-day this week:
P-Day we went on a hike with all the other sisters up to Cliffs of the Neuse. It's a very scenic trail with cliffs and rivers and some really cool trees. I realize now that I need to start building up my lungs again because going back to a high altitude with mountains is not going to be kind to me! But for now, I'll just enjoy the pictures:
I also feel that all the media that has come out on my mission has begun haunting me. It honestly wasn't a draw, for nearly all of my mission, but now I'm beginning to realize just how long 18 months is. Keep in mind that the last movie to come out before I left was Big hero 6!

So on Tuesday we were at a less-actives house and they let me hold their lightsaber.
On Wednesday we had a cancelled appointment and therefore we had a little extra time on our hands, so we decided to sneakily sticky note Nancy's door. Well, we are doing okay (even though the sticky notes weren't sticking), but then her little chihuahua starts barking at us! We pause for a second and he stops, but apparently he could smell us because he was messing around at the door. We hear footsteps and start running but... too late! She caught us!
On Thursday Hermana Johnson had her last Spanish food meal on her mission: Hermana Cisneros' soup. Let me tell you about this soup: It tastes AMAZING. But it is made in a small mixing bowl with half a chicken, a whole potato, half a corn on the cob, about half a head of cabbage, a ton of other vegetables and a bunch of broth that you add rice to to soak up the liquid and then eat. All of this was AFTER eating two huge pork tacos. 
It was delicious :)
Also, remember all the horses in Nags Head? Well apparently there are pigs in North Carolina. Ta-da!
On Friday we received a package from Hermana Phillipy (mine and Hermana Johnson's trainer) She sent us our dying gift: RM Planners.
And with that, here is a collection of every single planner I've had on my mission!
Finally, on Saturday we received transfer calls during a big service project for the ward. We cleaned a HUGE backyard. And burned a lot of foliage! 
See you next week with my new companion Hermana Coombs!

I can't believe I'm at the end. One transfer left. 6 weeks. 42 days. Let's go.

"Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." -2 Nephi 31:20

Con Amor,
Hermana Fletcher

                                                                                                                                             

    No comments on "Here To Stay"

    Leave a Reply