by K Fletcher

13 Months Later...

Stories!
I had an interview with President Baker this last week. He asked me how I was doing and I responded, "Really good! Trying not to be trunky though" (Trunky means you want to go home to get on with your life). He looked me dead in the eye and said, "Don't be trunky." I accepted this council, then I looked him in the eye and said, "President... do you ever get trunky?" (He goes home just a few weeks after I do). He pondered this for a moment and replied,"I don't think it's quite hit us yet. We keep trying to ignore it, but everyone keeps reminding us! Every week it seems like we get a call from the Mission Department telling us to fill out a form because we're almost done!"

Tell me about it, President. I'm trying. You just have to keep on keeping on and pretend like there isn't a finish line... at the same time everyone is pointing it out and you can see a big red piece of tape, and every Monday there's an announcement on how many weeks left.

But you just keep on keeping on. :)
A miracle this week: We were walking around a huge trailer park trying to find a contact from the English Sisters. We had no idea where the address was of the person we were trying to contact, but we found a trailer with a number that matched the trailer number we got from them. We don't even know if we are in the right park at this point.  We pull up, and I'll be honest, I was skeptical. There were none of the traditional signs of a Spanish speaking house and they had rubble in their front yard, a truck painted with flames and "Harley-Davidson", a grill, and a poodle. Whatever.
We knock anyways. A Spanish speaker comes out! It is definitely not the one we were looking for, but it was a miracle nonetheless because in this entire park there are (according to her) only three Spanish speaking inhabitants, and we knocked on the right door!

That's what we call a referral from Heavenly Father.

My final story this week is this: After 13 months, I was able to witness someone that I had taught enter the waters of baptism.

Ciara was baptized!
Standing at the side of the font was incredible. Just to see her go in and stand there with Elder Adamson was amazing. And her younger sister was so cute. She just kept freaking out and saying, "I'm so excited to see Ciara get baptized!!!" After it all happened she just wanted to touch the water. So before we locked up the font we let her go a few steps down and put her hand in the water. 

It was beautiful. 
For those of you who don't know, go to https://www.mormon.org/easter. Remember what it is all about. Baptism is so incredible because it permits us to Follow Him. 
#Allelujah

Con Amor,
Hermana Fletcher

Title of Liberty

No comments on "13 Months Later..."

Leave a Reply