by K Fletcher

FELIZ NAVIDAD!!!

First a whole bunch of pictures, then a whole bunch of spirituality :
Singing at an old folks home
another picture of me and Hermana Limb
Preparing for one of our many musical numbers this season
Incredible dinner at the Cisneros
Delivering one of the many stockings sent to us from Hermana Limb's mom
An INCREDIBLE Christmas package from Nanny! Thank you so so much! You have no idea how much I used that spatula this week! There wasn't a thing in their that I didn't LOVE.
ALL THE BAKING
ALL THE DISHES
And a few District Pictures with our hats from Elder Holland's mom. Thanks!

Top row: Elder Burns, Elder Haddock, Hermana Fletcher, Sister Brakey, Hermana Limb, Sister Everett
Bottom row: Elder Holland, Elder Hintze, Hermana Johnson, Sister Brewer
Now let's all pause. I want to share something very personal and very powerful. 
a transfer or so ago, I had an incredible moment on my mission. After struggling for 10 months on my mission (and many more before that) with depression and hate and incredibly low self worth, with the help of the Spirit, a good counselor and prescribed medication I was able to overcome. Now I feel like the last half of my mission (and the rest of my life) is for helping people. I have partaken of so much grace. Now I have enough light to give back. I'd encourage all of you to read the conference talk "Choose the Light" https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2015/10/choose-the-light?lang=eng and remember that it is okay if you need help. Ask for it. I have such an incredible relationship with those in my life because I asked for help. Several times actually. 

I've come to realize that sometimes we won't feel like we have light. But we know who to look to to find it, we know we can always choose the light, no matter who we are, or where we are. There will be light to guide us. When we have light, we are expected to share it - to be a light to the world!

It's not always easy and sometimes we feel a little dim, but when we share our light it grows. 

And the source of all that light is Jesus Christ. That is the reason we celebrate. Because in a little town thousands of years ago, a baby was born. and because of that being, death has no sting, the grave has no victory, and every pain and mistake and dismay can be washed away. 

The sign given to the people in ancient America was that of a day and a night and a day that was like one day. And so, when the light of the world came into the world, the whole world was light.

"Therefore let your light so shine before this people, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father who is in heaven." -3 Nephi 12:16

God bless. Let grace abound.
Con Amor,
Hermana Fletcher


No comments on "FELIZ NAVIDAD!!!"

Leave a Reply