by K Fletcher

This week was loca

One of the sisters had appendicitis and was out of commission until Saturday, so we were in a trio between two areas for 5 days! It was so very much fun and absolutely exhausting. But you know what? It is worth it! This is all worth it! I just want to share an excerpt from a letter to a friend (another missionary) to demonstrate how I feel right now:

"GUESS WHAT?! IT'S A NEW WEEK. AND WE ARE GONNA GO CONQUER THE WORLD, BECAUSE WE ARE MISSIONARIES. (picture a mission-approved eye of the tiger theme playing right now) WE'VE GOT ALL THE POWER OF GOD ON OUR SIDE AND WE ARE GONNA HELP HIM ACCOMPLISH SOME MIRACLES.

I don't know what changed in the last, like, 13 hours, but I am crazy pumped up for this week. IT'S GONNA BE AMAZING. You should keep an eye on the TV, because Newport news, Virginia is probably going to be translated or something, so that's cool.

Haha, I'm just kidding, but this area has such incredible potential. It feels like I'm never going to leave. I've got a solid transfer after this, I'm almost guaranteed to stay here so I can do some great things!

Also, something that maybe helped with this whole attitude change is that I finally broke the comprehension barrier. You know that point where you feel you are finally understanding most of what everyone is saying. I finally hit it! #5monthsin What a blessing. And while I'll have to fight to learn the language the whole rest of my mission, I feel like it is actually possible now.

ALSO we are going to baptize someone in May. So spoke my mission president. In the month of MAY, if we are faithful and diligent, every companionship in my mission will have a baptism. Miracle May. That's the one.

I'm so excited for missionary work. It is so much fun. It is so great. We can do anything. It's amazing. Miracles are real. God is real. This church is true, and we are awesome."

Our greatest miracle this week was that of an investigator coming to church, for the first time in 3 weeks. We taught her the 'Keep the Sabbath Day Holy' lesson, and while we had an original plan I felt very impressed to speak primarily about the Sacrament. Because that is the whole reason. It is why we come to church it is why we keep the Sabbath day holy -- Because of the atonement of Jesus Christ. And before we even finished the lesson, Delia said that she would like to come to church. And then she did!

Yeah. Basically this week was extremely difficult, but oh so rewarding, and I think that is what missionary work is all about. I'm so excited right now. I wish everyone was as excited about missionary work as I am at this moment.

So get excited! Go out, and change the world!
Con Amor,
Hermana Fletcher


No comments on "This week was loca"

Leave a Reply