by K Fletcher

General Conference: The Super Bowl of mission life

Well, it was General Conference. To quote one of our investigators, "The Super Bowl of mission life". How true it is!

This was one of the first times I went into general conference with a question I really wanted answered. And while I'm still not sure exactly what my answer is, I learned more than I ever have before. It was a lovely experience. Even before my mission it was already the best time of the year, and being on the mission amplifies it to a greater extent. There is such a peace that comes from the gospel. I sometimes wish we could have general conference every month! But alas, we have to make due with every 6 months. At least we get to revisit conference in the Ensign issues.

I don't have much to report this week. It was a little bit slower, and no crazy stories, but I just want to share something about my mission. One thing I really love is that I can already see a difference in myself. I like myself so much more now than I did even 5 months ago and it is such a pleasure to be shaped and polished by the Lord (although the actual polishing isn't as pleasant!).

This isn't going to be a long post, but I just want to tell you that He Lives! This Easter, here in Virginia, spring came upon us all at once. And with every beautiful flower and every sunny sky, I can see the world testifying of Him. Has He left Himself without witness? I say unto you no. For all things therein testify of Him.

And I testify of Him!
Happy Easter!

Con Amor,
Hermana Fletcher
Spring is here!
with Hermana Johnson


No comments on "General Conference: The Super Bowl of mission life"

Leave a Reply