by K Fletcher

12 Steps

I don't know how many of you explore LDS.org or Mormonchannel.com but recently I had some time on those websites and I discovered something incredible. It is the 12 step program of the church for overcoming addictions. they made a short video series about it and I was able to watch some of it.

It has changed to way I see the world.

And it may sound strange, but I want to do the 12 step program. And I want everyone else to do it as well. Because we are all addicted to something. We could be addicted to self-pity, to pride, to greed, to apathy, or to the natural man. And the 12 step program is not about quitting bad things. It is an exercise in humility and trust in God. And I need those two things a little more in my life.

And so, I want everyone to go and watch the videos HERE
Step 1 - Honesty: Admit that you, of yourself, are powerless to overcome your addictions and that your life has become unmanageable.
Step 2 - Hope: Come to believe that the power of God can restore you to complete spiritual health.
Step 3 - Trust in God: Decide to turn your will and your life over to the care of God the Eternal Father and His Son, Jesus Christ.
Step 4 - Truth: Make a searching and fearless written moral inventory of yourself.
Step 5 - Confession: Admit to yourself, to your Heavenly Father in the name of Jesus Christ, to proper priesthood authority, and to another person the exact nature of your wrongs.
Step 6 - Change of Heart: Become entirely ready to have God remove all your character weaknesses.
Step 7 - Humility: Humbly ask Heavenly Father to remove your shortcomings.
Step 8 - Seeking Forgiveness: Make a written list of all persons you have harmed and become willing to make restitution to them.
Step 9 - Wherever possible, make direct restitution to all persons you have harmed.
Step 10 - Daily Accountability: Continue to take personal inventory, and when you are wrong promptly admit it.
Step 11 - Personal Revelation: Seek through prayer and meditation to know the Lord’s will and to have the power to carry it out.
Step 12 - Service: Having had a spiritual awakening as a result of the Atonement of Jesus Christ, share this message with others and practice these principles in all you do.

It all comes down to trusting in God and having faith that he will fulfill his promises. And he will. I know with all my heart that he will.

The mission is incredible. The ability to see people change as well as see myself change is priceless.
I'll keep it short today. I just want to invite all of you to change. To find something you want to change and do it.

Con Amor,
Hermana Fletcher

What happens when an investigator leaves his car parked outside of a less-active's house we are visiting.
Another day at the beach

No comments on "12 Steps"

Leave a Reply