by K Fletcher

Pig Pickin'

This past week we had a whole mission conference in Chesapeake. We learned about the Atonement, the Gospel, and Ordinances, and how to teach those in every single lesson. We also started a mission wide read of the Book of Mormon with an emphasis on those topics. So my previous read through the Book of Mormon underlining every reference to the Atonement has really prepared me for this!
After that we gathered together for a real, Southern pig-pickin'. I don't know if you have heard about it, but a pig pickin' is where you cook a WHOLE PIG and then you get a couple hundred people and you eat it. Let me just tell you... it was delicious.
And I had the opportunity to gather with all the Hermanas again!
And all the Hermanas from my transfer in:
And do you recognize this lovely Hermana?
I didn't until I heard her name. Hermana Coombs. My long lost MTC companion! She made it! I was so excited to see her. The gang is all here.

It has been quite (as President Baker always says) a "revelatory experience" reading the Book of Mormon with these 6 points in mind. It helps me see how Faith, Repentance, Baptism and covenants, The gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end all relate to each other and to the Atonement.
Because that really is what it is all about. The Atonement makes salvation possible, and living the Gospel allows us to access the Atonement. How simple! How genius!

A mission is interesting, because overall you don't learn all that much new information. The church doesn't basically change because you are serving. But you change, and you learn these basic things over and over and over and over again and every single time it is miraculous. You realize the miracle of this gospel. Every time I see that I just want to go out and help everyone else see just how integral this is. It kind of goes back to, "Is it still wonderful to you?" [Gérald Caussé]

Make the gospel wonderful again.
Con Amor,
Hermana Fletcher

I also received a wonderful healthy package from my parents. Thank you so so much!
And here I am with one of the exactly 100 horse statues in Nags Head, North Carolina. Gotta catch 'em all.

No comments on "Pig Pickin'"

Leave a Reply