by K Fletcher

Dramatic Drum Roll Please!

Let me cover this week in a series of fabulous pictures:
SISTERS CONFERENCE. All the sisters in the mission drove up to Portsmouth to participate in a clothing swap, devotionals, lunch, fun, etc. Because we came all the way from North Carolina, we stayed with Sister Evans and Hermana Mardis.
The conference itself was very nice. Lots of love, very Relief Society feeling, jaja! But I got to meet all of the Hermanas, and develop some good friendships with a few of the sisters. Here are all the Hermanas in the Virginia Chesapeake Mission:
BIRTHDAY THINGS. I got some lovely packages from family for my birthday, and not the least of which was from my dear Nanny, Vilda Fletcher. She gave me this super sweet whiteboard to write cool things on!
And a great package from my parents filled with all sorts of needful (and unneedful, but delicious) things. The crowning gifts were a replacement Young Women's medallion (yes, I've lost mine) and a homemade bookmark. Thank You!
We also had a miracle referral:
We had stake conference, where I finally got pictures of my whole district:
Zone Leaders, Elder Remund and Merkely (Spanish)
 District Leaders, Elder Maughan and Novak (Spanish)
 Sister Averett and Barker
 Elder Brown and Melander (Elder Melander went home this transfer!)

and then in a mish-mash of companion, parents, ward and investigator, I prepared to have the BEST BIRTHDAY EVER.
Yeah. We had a baptism. I AM SO HAPPY. It was the best birthday gift I have every received. Yeah. I cried. Carla, our dear golden investigator, was baptized on February 15, 2015. It was lovely and wonderful and I don't know that I've ever been happier in my life. And while we didn't have time for a formal jumpsuit picture, we had this crazily snapped selfie on the way to the font.
And a real posed picture with Carla, her boyfriend Skyler (who unfortunately was not permitted to be baptized), and her sister Ana. I love them all so much.
And now for the drumroll news.
I am being transferred. We received calls from President on Saturday. My new area is Newport News, in the Spanish Branch. I will be fully immersed in Spanish.  I am ecstatic to learn Spanish, to fulfill my call to the fullest extent and to come to know and love the people of Virginia. But I was not prepared for the devastation I felt at having to leave Wilson. I love it here. I love the people, I love the ward, and I am so desperately sad to be leaving. You don't fully appreciate how much you love an area until you are called to leave it.
But now I head out, to meet my new companions (I'm in a trio again, jaja), Hermana Phillipy and Hermana Johnson.
Wish me luck!
Con Amor,
Hermana Fletcher

Have enough pictures yet?




No comments on "Dramatic Drum Roll Please!"

Leave a Reply