by K Fletcher

Moving Day

From Hermana Fletcher 1/5/15
My companeras (from the CCM) have already left for Houston. This morning, actually. I got to spend the day with another companionship, which was really fun and very different. Giving me a taste for my next, bigger step, to the mission field! It was kind of ridiculous saying goodbye to everyone. It's only now that I realized just how much love I felt for all of them. I can't wait to get into the mission field to love everyone so much more. 

I'm so excited. Just wanted to let you know. I got all your e-mails and wanted to thank you so much. I also heard about Jade and Jeremy!!! (Her sister got engaged this past week) Much excitement! 

I don't know if I am prepared, but I do know I am ready. jaja, Fue nacida lista! jaja. (Haha, I was born ready!) Give me three months. I will be fluent. 

I am also not sure if I will be able to call in the airport. Seems kind of weird, but I'll ask! (Note: mom and dad did not get to hear from her at all. We did receive a phone call, e-mail and pictures from the mission office letting us know she had arrived safely, was having dinner and then would enjoy an orientation latter that evening.)

Love you much, but I have only half the night to sleep. Wish me the best! I leave the CCM at 3:30am tomorrow morning.


Pictures of me and my district! (The slideshow picture for eveyone to see us and cry, haha)

From Robert and Sue Jones:  Have a wonderful mission! We love you!
Robert and Sue has a file to share with you on OneDrive. To view it, click the link below.


From mission President Baker 1/7/15 of the Virginia Chesapeake Mission.
Dear Brother and Sister Fletcher,

Sister Baker and I were delighted to welcome Hermana Fletcher to the Virginia Chesapeake mission yesterday.  She arrived in good spirits and has been assigned to her first proselyting area.  She is assigned to labor in the Wilson Ward of the Goldsboro, North Carolina Stake, and her trainer is Sister Mikaela Cahoon.  I have attached two photos of Hermana Fletcher: one with her trainer, and one with Sister Baker and me.

Hermana Fletcher’s address is:

Hermana Kelene Amethyst Fletcher
110 Hawthorne Lane Apt 3-C
Wilson, NC
27893

Thank you for sending us such a fine missionary,

President Baker





Post by dad to Virginia Chesapeake Mission facebook page 1/7, and comments:

So excited to learn that Hermana Kelene Fletcher has been assigned Sister Mikaela Cahoon as her trainer. Her first area is in Wilson, NC. Can't wait to get our first e-mail from her next week. Does anyone know anything about the Wilson ward? Note: Hermana Fletcher is in a “zebra companionship”, where one speaks English and the other speaks Spanish.

From a relative of Sister Cahoon: I can tell you that Sister Cahoon is awesome! She and Sister Brewer just had a baptism two weeks ago. She loves the Wilson ward. She says they are so supportive of the missionaries. About 1/2 Hispanic. Sister Cahoon has been eagerly learning as much Spanish in her area so she will be very supportive of your daughters language training. She also grew up with cousins that are 1/2 Peruvian so already loves the language and cultures.

From a sister RM:  Last July I opened Wilson to Sisters. It is such a great area. I loved the area and the ward was great. So many great people. Such a cute apartment that the sisters live in. I Loved Wilson!

From another sister RM: I trained Sister Brewer, Sis Cahoon's last companion. She's in an awesome area as an hermana. The Wilson ward has one of the biggest active Spanish membership in the mission. I was there 6 months and they're an AWESOME ward. Sister Cahoon is so great too, I served with her when she was in Rocky Mount. A very missionary minded ward.  Your daughter is very lucky.

No comments on "Moving Day"

Leave a Reply